- You must complete our online nomination form.
- Your campus should be able to provide a detailed description of the development and implementation of your innovative practices, and further explain how Campus Labs tools supported these initiatives.
- Your campus should be able to describe the way these practices impact or are impacted by the thought leadership that defines the field of higher education today.
Analytics & Insight
- Successfully breaking down data silos and connecting data across campus
- Leveraging and disaggregating data to make decisions
Improvement & Accountability
- Shifting the conversation from external accountability to internal drivers
- Using student feedback and student voices in processes and decision making
- Developing plans for retention, enrollment, and other strategic planning processes based on sound data collection and analysis
- Developing a culture of inquiry
Retention & Success
- Assessing effective retention strategies
- Developing innovative programming for special student populations
Student Affairs Assessment
- Shifting to diverse methods of assessment, such as direct methods, formative assessment, and more
- Demonstrating involvement of students in the assessment process
- Actively contributes to accreditation, retention, or other institutional priorities
- Applying engagement data in programming and decision making on campus
- Utilizing the technology to help students capture, articulate, and share their co-curricular experiences
- Designing an approach to co-curricular learning
Teaching & Learning
- Embarking on general education redesign on campus
- Demonstrating the use of rubrics across campus
- Utilizing student feedback data such as surveys or evaluations to inform curriculum or other designs
- Utilizing formative assessment to diversify assessment methods
The campus initiative must be original, creative, advanced or otherwise demonstrates a new approach to a campus challenge. The campus can describe the innovative strategy and articulate the challenge or circumstances that inspired it.
The campus can demonstrate how they utilized the Campus Labs tool(s) as a part of their implementation plan for this initiative, and can articulate the value of the Campus Labs tools on the initiative’s success.
The campus can describe the impact of this innovation on their campus and relate the initiative to broader needs or conversations in the field of higher education today.
The Trailblazer Award is celebrated with:
- A trophy and letter of recognition
- An opportunity for the campus to share their success story with the Campus Labs membership at an event, conference, webinar, or in a written format
- A $500 education grant for the campus to attend a conference to share their innovation and continue learning about the field