- You must complete our online nomination form.
- Your campus should be able to provide a detailed description of the development and implementation of your innovative practices.
- Your campus should be able to describe the way these practices impact or are impacted by the thought leadership that defines the field of higher education today.
Analytics & Insight
- Has successfully broken down data silos and is connecting data across campus
- Is leveraging and disaggregating data to make decisions
Improvement & Accountability
- Has shifted the conversation from external accountability to internal drivers
- Uses student feedback and student voices in processes and decision making
- Develops plans for retention, enrollment, and other strategic planning processes based on sound data collection and analysis
- Has developed a culture of inquiry
Retention & Success
- Assesses effective retention strategies
- Develops innovative programming for special student populations
Student Affairs Assessment
- Has shifted to diverse methods of assessment, such as direct methods, formative assessment, and more
- Demonstrates involvement of students in the assessment process
- Actively contributes to accreditation, retention, or other institutional priorities
- Applies engagement data in programming and decision making on campus
- Utilizes the technology to help students capture, articulate, and share their co-curricular experiences
- Has designed an approach to co-curricular learning
Teaching & Learning
- Has embarked on general education redesign on campus
- Demonstrates the use of rubrics across campus
- Utilizes student feedback data such as surveys or evaluations to inform curriculum or other designs
- Utilizes formative assessment to diversify assessment methods
Implementation & Adaptability (35%)
The campus can demonstrate how they utilized the Campus Labs tool(s) as a part of their implementation plan for this initiative. The campus can also describe how the initiative can be replicated and adapted on other campuses.
Benefits & Impact (25%)
The campus can demonstration how the Campus Labs tool(s) have made a positive impact through quantifiable measures or anecdotal evidence. Campuses may also be judged by their ability to articulate the value of their Campus Labs partnership.
Innovative Strategy (25%)
The campus can describe the innovative strategy and also articulate the challenge or circumstances that inspired the need for innovation.
The campus’ initiative is creative, advanced, or otherwise demonstrates a new approach to a campus challenge.
The Trailblazer Award comes with:
- A trophy and letter of recognition
- An opportunity for the campus to share their success story with the Campus Labs membership at an event, conference, webinar, or in a written format
- A $500 education grant for the campus to attend a conference to share their innovation and continue learning about the field
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com